Depending on what I need, I am drawn to various
types of technology. Usually my motivation to use different types of technology
is school because I need to be able to access and finish assignments where ever
I am. On a typical school day, I would use a computer to conduct research,
write papers, finish assignments, and communicate with other students via email
to complete projects. However, some projects call for the use of media, and I
would use a camera to take photos or videos to add to it. If I am away from a computer,
then it will be convenient to have a portable device like an Ipad to finish
assignments or conduct research. Like I have mentioned earlier, in order for my
needs to be conveniently met, different scenarios calls for different devices.
I take away a lot from technology because I
realized that it plays a big part in our daily lives and it can be very
advantageous. What I carry away the most is the gaining knowledge because I
valuable education and I know that there is a lot of interesting articles to be
found on the internet. Additionally, through social media, I am able to
maintain strong relationships and gain connections with new people who might be
a great asset in the future. I am also able to collaborate with people online
to plan for the future, may it be for projects or scheduling a day to hang out
with friends. As a college student, I have to deal with stress and websites
such as Youtube or game apps on a phone allow me to release that stress and be
able to have a clearer mind when returning to the work I have to do. There are
many benefits that are gained from using technology, but often times it is
taken for granted.
Personally, I am motivated by social, academic, and
technological interests because I am a person who interacts with people on a
daily basis. Every day I interact with people in different ways depending on my
relationship with them, distance, availability of technology, and in general,
the unique situation I have to be in. I love to keep in contact with my
friends, but at the same time focus on my school work and use technology to
make sure what I turn in is my best work. I am also intrigued by the
advancement of new technology and would love to have the upgraded versions of
them. Nevertheless, technology is a great tool that can help us in our daily
lives and it has helped me greatly.
No comments:
Post a Comment